A little about Sarah
Sarah has worked in alternative medicine, nutrition and the hospitality sector in various roles for over 30 years. Working in management and consulting to improve eating experiences in public attractions, a qualified practicing Homoeopath for 13 years, a chef, nutrition coach and personal assistant for celebrity and corporate clients, and creating food start ups.
Sarah has gained a high reputation for attention to detail, personality and high quality service. Sarah is super organised, very energetic, highly motivated, responsible, discreet and loyal. Sarah’s range of skills include:
- Hospitality:Restaurant consultant, project management, troubleshooter, interviewing for staff, team motivation and management, event and party planning, promotion and social media.
- Chef: Personal and private dining chef, sports nutrition menus.
- Health: Nutrition and lifestyle coach, personal plans for healthy eating. Homoeopathy at home and a registered practictioner.
-Gardens for health: advise on garden design for healthy eating and mental wellness. Previous work to present 2000 – present
- Healthy eating garden designs - for three older local residents. Sarah was inspired to start this initiative during the “ Covid 19 lockdown” to grow easy fresh vegetable and herbs for healthy eating and mental wellness during this difficult time.
- Chef (p/time) at countryside retreat centre, cooking healthy food for up to 60 guests. - Personal Nutrition coach, chef and life coach to KSI – the UK’s top You Tube Gamer, rapper, boxer. Also nutrition coach for the UK Gamer group known as The Sidemen (seven young men in their early 20’s) and work on opportunities with young people to cook and eat more healthily.
- Advisor and personal assistant to a high profile media figure in London – job role included personal chef, and some office admin, personal admin, global envoy - Party planning for private clients, event management and private chef in the UK and in Cuba - Sarah held the contract at Plumpton Racecourse Director’s box (and other event catering at the racecourse) for 18 years to 2016.
- Sarah has created itineraries for local food travel in the UK, Europe and Cuba. Her tours enable participants to learn about a place through food and culture. 2000 – 2014 - A Slow Food chef for 20 years, Sarah helped establish Slow Food UK, and has catered events in the UK, Cuba, France and Italy including; Soil Association, concerts, art galleries and performing art charities, film launches and promotional events.
- Planned and led a UK delegation to Cuba for the 2006 Pan American Congress on Homoeopathy. Sarah maintains an interest in Cuban alternative health research, including her own work on herbal and food medicine in the west of Cuba.
- Gourmet Anywhere Ltd. – Sarah established this contract catering company. As Managing Director of her business Sarah managed all aspects of the company including administration and operations. Gained a 3 year contract at the South of England Agricultural Showground, Mid Sussex catering for up to 5000 people over the main show.
- Picnic Anywhere – founded this gourmet environmentally friendly and sustainable picnic concept with contracts at Leeds Castle, Ascot racecourse, Glyndebourne and for VIP flights Bombardier Sky Jet International. 1989 – 2000 - Sarah trained over 6 years to become a registered Homoeopath; with Colin Griffith, Ian Watson, attended the London Practical College of Homoeopathy, and The Guild of Homoeopaths. She worked part time at Helios Pharmacy for over 2 years. She initiated and practiced at one of the first UK integrated primary health practices at the Brook Medical Centre in Jarvis Brook, near Crowborough, East Sussex, and at her home practice for 13 years. 1984 – 1989 - Co-designed and fully project managed the original 200 seat healthy eating restaurant in the Crypt of St. Martin in the Field church in Trafalgar Square, London. This project at a major central London tourist attraction was a pioneering social enterprise, directly supporting the church’s charity work for the homeless.
- Milburns Restaurants Ltd. – Manager at the Victoria and Albert Museum restaurant, and banqueting. Project managed new contracts at British Museum, Kenwood House.
- Commonwork Enterprises at Bore Place, Kent – cooking for visiting education and environmental groups, and PAL creative think tank events. - Founded Body and Soul - Consultancy for projects creating café’s and restaurants in otherwise unused parts of other churches and museums in London and the UK e.g. the Wren café at St. James’ church Piccadilly, British Museum, South Bank, Kenwood House, St Margaret’s Marylebone, Chatsworth House Biography Sarah is a British National and was born in Philadelphia, USA 1961. Educated at Tonbridge Grammar school(O’levels), at Sevenoaks School (A’Levels) and Sussex University ( BA in History of Art).
She has two grown up children. Sarah enjoys independent travel (the journey as well as the destination) Sarah loves most animals, the countryside, and is a knowledgeable gardener/smallholder. Music and fine art are a very important part of her life, and she is a keen filmgoer and photographer. Sarah speaks Italian, French and Spanish